Our park rules are not set to hinder your enjoyment of the park, but to protect the park and its wildlife, and to preserve it in its natural state for the enjoyment of future generations of visitors.
THIS IS YOUR PARK - PLEASE TAKE CARE OF IT!
1. Do not injure, damage, or harass any structure, tree, flower, or wild animal within the park.
2. Pets must be kept on a leash at all times while in the park. (Vigo County Ordinance Health Code 3-45)
3. Foot traffic only allowed on trails. (No horses, motorcycles, bicycles, etc.)
4. Fires should be built only in grills provided for that purpose.
5. All trash should be placed in trash cans. Not only is litter unattractive, it can be fatal to wildlife!
There is an aluminum can recycling container in front of the Nature Center.
6. All firearms, BB guns, bows and arrows, paintball guns, etc. are banned from the park.
7. Vending or advertising is prohibited without permission of the Park Department.
Contact the Park Office at 812-232-2727.
8. No animal, plant, or other item may be removed from the park. This includes mushrooms and berries.
Exception: Fish of legal size and quantity caught with a valid fishing license.
(See Nature Center for the Indiana DNR Recreation and Fishing Guide)
9. Do not feed any of the animals, including ducks and geese (Why?).
10. Protect wildlife and avoid poison ivy by staying on designated trails. Pets should also remain on the trails.
Thank you for visiting Dobbs Park!
Top of Page